Instagram

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Series


So much love from Sample Store! I managed to get selected to do this review and you girls just don't understand how excited I get when I receive products to review or even when I purchase samples from Sample Store. I just can't stop trying out new skincare/make-up products and Sample Store is the perfect place for me ^^

This post will be about La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Series. I received the XL BB Cream and also the Aqua Fresh Gel.

\

I tried to take before & after photos for the Aqua Fresh Gel but seriously, there's not much difference because it has a really thin finishing and it's really barely there. I almost forgot I already applied once and wanted to apply another time lol, blur me.

La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Aqua Fresh Gel SPF 30 PA++++

  • Superior daily sun protection in a fresh water-break concentrated gel texture. 
  • For a long-lasting pure skin sensation and prevents hyper pigmentation, complexion greying & UV ageing.
  • Protect Against UVA for 18 Times longer. Tested on Asian sensitive skin.
  • Formulated with soothing, antioxidant La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water. 
  • Hypo-allergenic, non comedogenic and tested on sensitive skin. 

Innovative Texture
The high water content in the formula presents a fresh and cooling texture while, the ultra-absorbent micro particles equilibrate oiliness and humidity on skin surface. It also leaves a long-lasting bare sensation thanks to a minimalist formula which leaves no residue on the skin

Proven Efficacy on Asian Women 
In a sensorial test with 74 Asian women living in humid climates, 97% of the respondents commented that the Uvidea Aqua Fresh is applied easily and quickly, 95% feels that the skin is more hydrated after application and 88% feels that the Uvidea Aqua Fresh does not leave the skin sticky

RTP: SGD$38.90/30ml


La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream SPF 50 PA+++
  • Highest UVA Protection in a unique melt-in BB Cream.
  • Feather light daily moisturising and correcting BB texture.
  • Intensely hydrates skin while covering blemishes, fine lines and brown spots. 
  • Developed for Asian Skin, its shade instantly melts in skin natural tones for unified complexion and healthy looking skin, without oily finish. 
  • Long lasting wear. 
  • Excellent Make Up base. 
  • Fragrance free and paraben free.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Aqua Fresh Gel applied, there's no need for primer anymore! I then applied the XL BB Cream~


Yes, I know the timestamp is irritating lol. Forgot to switch it off because I'm not used to the stupid Canon camera. And because I couldn't get the right angle, I had to wait for Jolene to snap a photo of me after the BB Cream.

I (touch wood first) don't really have troubled skin so coverage was never a problem for me. I'm just cursed with sensitive skin and as you can see from the "before" picture, there's slight redness on my cheek and nose area. But after the application of BB Cream, it was covered well. 

Here comes my verdict. I might be kicked out of the seeder's programme but hell, I don't want to lie about how I felt about the product. Yes, the coverage was good but it was too sticky for my liking and had a rather shiny finishing but both the stickiness and shiny finish can be fixed with loose powder of course. However, it left a very "choked up" feeling on my face and I really didn't like it. I have combination skin so oily foundation will make my face produce more oil and it's plain gross so no, this is a no-go for me but the sun screen is definitely going into my daily make-up routine!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Roche-Posay UVIDEA products can be found at Guardian, Watsons, National Skin Center & Hospital Pharmacies!

Do remember to 'LIKE' La Roche-Posay Sg Facebook page!

Want to get free samples like me?
Just join Sample Store in a few steps and sooooo many free samples will be on their way to you!

La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Aqua Fresh Gel sample: https://www.samplestore.com/product/details/2792/0/name-la-roche-posay-uvidea-spf-50-bb-cream

La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream sample: http://www.samplestore.com/product/details/2792/0/name-la-roche-posay-uvidea-spf-50-bb-cream

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you already have purchased or received your "La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream" sample, do participate in La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream Instagram contest by:

  1. Posting Before and After photos of using La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream 
  2. Accompanied with hashtags #LaRochePosay #UVIDEAXL #BBCream
to win a La Roche-Posay hamper worth $100 (5 lucky winners)


Winners will be announced on 31st Mar 2014 on Sample Store’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. So make sure you've already followed Sample Store on this 3 media platform!

Have a great weekend!

xx

No comments: