Instagram

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Vietnam 2014

It has been too long. TOO LONG!

I have not been here since July and that's pure crazy. I guess I was pretty much in my love bubble and I can;t be bothered to update much because it'd be sooo boring. Posts will be filled with dating, dating and more dating. Who wants to read mundane dating posts righttttt?

But since he homepage of my chrome has always been my blog, I just had to revive my poor little diary which has been thrown aside for 7 months. I thought I'd be faithful to the app called "Dayre" but nahhhhh. I really do not understand how lazy can I be LOL.

Okay so. It's March soon, time for Prelims and old habits die hard. I'm not even prepared and I'm still dilly-dallying the whole time. Pfft, I never learn my lesson do I?? But anyhooo, Lester and I just came back from our short trip to HCMC, Vietnam. Since his cousin is always there to visit her husband, we were thinking that we could go there and unwind ourselves since accommodation is basically fully covered!

It was fabulous, the food, the beer, the girly-services (mani, pedi, massages, hair cut etc). I instantly became a millionaire and felt like a queen because services were so cheap! Lester got his hair permed (finally). He has been going on and on about having his hair permed in sg but his hair stylist was never available. And guess how much it was!!! $30!!! Unbelievable right?? I love their hair wash. They can spend up to 30min massaging your head before rinsing the shampoo away! How not to love Vietnam oh my goddddd.

So this is how we look like after I had my hair colour fixed and fringe shorten to bangs (again, yes) and Lester with his boomza hair!


Korean food for lunch on the second day!!




While we were walking down the street.. I saw "Paris Baguette" and was literally doing a small scream "OMG PARIS BAGUETTE?? HERE?! OMG OMG". Lester and his cousin was giving me the "-_- can u chill bro?" face. I'm sorry la, I 've never even stepped into any one of the franchises in SG, I see one in Vietnam of course I'll be excited what!!






Mah cutiepie with curlyyyy hair

 So... I bought the Royal Pudding I've always wanted to try.



Conclusion...... NAH, I don't really fancy it. It has a full creamy taste and it makes me jelat (idk if that's how u spell it". And it tastes just like creme brulee. But I love creme brulee so much more so this is nothing in comparison to my favourite dessert!

And because his cousin has been to the tourist attractions umpteem times, she suggested us to go for a 1-day tour. So we chose the Cu Chi Tunnel & HCMC tour. I wore jeans because I have been warned that we will be crawling in the tunnel. I regretted almost immediately when it was noon. WHY?? BECAUSE IT WAS SO WARM OMG! The bus we were on didn't have the best air-con system and I was suffering. I remembered being grumpy almost the whole time the bus took us back to the main office. Poor Lester, he had to fan me with the brochure we got from Cu Chi Tunnel to make sure I was not dying of heat.






We also went to the War Museum, Unification Plaza, Norte Dame Cathedral and Post Office.

Didn't take any photos at the war museum because it was really too depressing for me. I couldn't even finish reading how the soldiers were being tortured.. Too inhuman and I just can't bear to keep any form of remembrance from that place.

Post Office

Notre Dame Cathedral

We bought some rice paper snack from this two Vietnamese aunties (pic below!) because I was intrigued by the ingredients, and boy, it smelled real good and I told Lester I had to try it. We ended up buying one more hehe!



There's only one crazy thing about Vietnam. The number of motorcyclist is horrifying. I wouldn't dare to drive if I were to be given a car there. They weave in and out of the cars like it was nothing. But all I can say is that, it's pretty safe because the max speed I encountered was only 50km/h. The most epic was when the tour guide told us our destination was 60km away and it'll take 1hr and 40mins. In my head, I was like "dude, it takes only 20mins to reach if it was in Singapore" but oh well, no harm done because I was asleep the whole time :x



And of course, I did my shopping. No much fancy clothes, just bought alot of basics, tanks, 2 pairs of HW shorts and 1 HW jeans. It is actually very hard for me to find a good pair of HW shorts and jeans. No, I am not being ridiculous ok! Because I have a perky butt, and my waist is rather small. Shorts that normally fits my butt will be too big for my waist and I have to go through the trouble of sending it for alteration. But I managed to find shorts that fitted me perfectly!! You guys will never understand how happy I was!

Then we went to this seafood restaurant to have our dinner! It was sooooo yummy!!??!!








After dinner we headed to a night club but it was really to dark and noisy and I started being grumpy again haha! I was so worn out from the tour but I still tried to keep my eyes open. Yeah, as you can see from the photo, my eyes were disappearing lol.

Steven then brought us to this Vietnam restaurant, quite far away from the apartment we were at. The ambiance of the restaurant was what kept foreigners coming I guess. I really fancy decoration with woody stuff and this place had it all. Perfecttttt.






Check out the Kang Kong straws!


My favvv soup of all time, bittergourd!



Oh no I'm actually getting hungry after uploading these pictures pfft.

That's all for today! I've so many back-logged photos in my phone and I'd better have them up before I forget where I've been and what have I done at those places!

Have a good night bunnies!

xx

No comments: