Instagram

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Date With A Taiwanese

Been so busy with work lately and I spend most of my off days sleeping.

At least I managed to get out of the house last Wednesday to meet my pretty Taiwanese friend (from work). There was a little miscommunication at first, because I thought she was referring to East Coast Park -- But it was actually Pasir Ris Park lol. Silly me.

Met Lilian after her morning shift at about 6+pm, walked to the bicycle rental place and rented 2 bicycles!

Lilian's shot
We actually wanted to catch the scenery of the sunset but it was overcast and all we could see is the sunset rays behind the clouds. She wanted to bring me to this western food place to try their food so we cycled for about another 10 mins and we reached our destination!


I'm rather thankful to be working with these awesome people (trust me, some are just douchebags). I realised there isn't many Singaporeans working this line and it's obvious why. The long hours of standing, the number of times you have to repeat yourself, patience when you introduce a new product the customer has never seen before, dealing with unreasonable people (both customers and promoters). What I look forward to is food. That is when I can have my alone time with friends of different nationalities and listen to them over lunch/dinner.

If I have to be truthful, I admire them. Especially the Taiwanese promoters on my shop floor. They came so far away from their home just to gain experience and they go to places (Cambodia, Phuket, Bali -- All the places I've never been to) with friends that were made on the shop floor. When will I ever have the courage to on these trips?? They also have their future planned out in their heads -- this set me thinking, what do I actually want in life?

Enough said, let's hope that we'll keep in contact after I leave this job for school! :*



No comments: